Friday, August 03, 2001

Dave's Booc Klub

Time now for Dave's Booc Klub.

Today in the Booc Klub, just arrived in a nice cardboard sheath is Niagara Falls All Over Again by Elizabeth McCracken. Five years ago Ms. McCracken put out her first novel, The Giant's House, which won her the Discover New Writers Award. She was also a National Book Award finalist.

The book (from what little I have read so far) is the memoir of a veteran Vaudeville performer, straight man of a two-man comedy act.

I must disclaim that I began seeking out Ms. McCracken's work because I have been friends with her brother for over a decade now, but she could be related to Rasputin and I'd still read her work because it's that good. I started "The Giant's House" one morning before work and almost didn't make it to my desk on time, I was that caught up in it. Run, don't walk, to the book store and pick this one up.

No comments: