Friday, November 28, 2003

HELP

Okay, here's the deal. I wrote back on USENET on January 1, 1995...
How did Vanna White's singing debut on last night's pre-taped "Merv Griffin's New Year's Eve" go? To me, it was underwhelming. She sang "You Do Something To Me" from the roof of some hotel in Beverly Hills, then we found out who she was singing about: her son Nicholas.

More exciting than Vanna's singing was what came before it: Mort Lindsey and the band played the new version of the "Wheel Of Fortune" theme, "Changing Keys". It was the exact same arrangement used on the TV show beginning this season.

I have this show on tape somewhere. Only thing is, I have to look through ten years of tape to find it. I sounded a clarion call for this show sometime before, but if anyone out there in the tape-trading subculture has it, I'd like to talk. I have dozens of episodes of Trading Spaces, rare cartoons, all kinds of stuff available for trade... anything out of the Robair Collection of rare game show episodes.... who's got the Merv Griffin ringing in 1995?

No comments: