Sunday, May 09, 2004

Blackjack Follies...

Mark Evanier waxes on the latest TV version of blackjack, courtesy of GSN. I watched the whole tourney the first time around. So fortified, I faced down a blackjack game for the first time in my life. Okay, so it was just an early-morning $10-minimum table at Bally's in AC, but it's a great way to get your feet wet. I won the first hand. And the second. And many more after that. I really didn't make too many errors to make me appear totally green. The third-base player was wondering whatever could have compelled me to do that. I told him that some days you just get a little crazy. But all in all I did pretty good for my maiden foray into table games; I wound up almost doubling what I threw on the table (the dealer asked me if I wanted to color up at the end and at least I knew what that meant). But I don't know if I want to make a habit of live games. (And you little kiddies who may happen to be reading this... not till you're 21, okay.)

No comments: