Friday, January 14, 2005

One Singular Sensation, One More Time

Mark Evanier weighs in on the impending return of "A Chorus Line" to Broadway. Sure, it's a little early to get excited about - the revival doesn't officially open until September of 2006 - but it is definitely something to get excited about when one of Broadway's landmark shows returns.

Years ago, I was involved in a production of "A Chorus Line" as part of one of the best pits I ever had the pleasure of playing in. Most of the brass section was imported from the Brass Tacks Orchestra lineup at the time. The Broadway return of the show will most likely put an embargo on local community productions, so hopefully I'll get the chance to play this show once again. (If this production runs as long as the original does, I will be in my sixties once it hits the community boards again. Yikes.)

No comments: