Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Crossword No. 2

My first published crossword puzzle appeared around the first of the year in the February 2005 Games Magazine.

I've just sold a second, and for the first time, it'll be in the newspaper. I will be having a puzzle within the next few months in the Los Angeles Times. This puzzle is syndicated around the country by Tribune Media Services, and is bylined so you'll open the newspaper and when you see "Puzzle by Dave Mackey" on there, you'll say, "Hey, I know that guy" or "Hey, that's my son's music teacher!" or "Hey, this puzzle is too *%?/#&@! hard!" (Actually, it'll run midweek, so it is not that hard.)

After the puzzle appears, I'll tell you what led to its creation.

Of course, we don't open the champagne around here unless and until I sell a puzzle to the New York Times.

No comments: