Friday, July 14, 2006

Back On The "West Side"

A year and a half ago, I worked with the Our Gang Players on a little show called "The Music Man", and swore up and down that if I ever had the chance to work with this company again, I would.

I had done "West Side Story" almost a decade ago to the day for a group called Dream Street Productions, and swore up and down that if I ever had the chance to play WSS again, I would.

The conclusion: Our Gang is doing "West Side Story". So, I'm the "old man" of a pit of mostly college age players under the direction of the remarkably talented Steve Strouse, with whom I worked a couple of winters ago on "The Music Man". And we have a terrific cast of dancers and actors and singers who will wow you with their talent and tightly choreographed street fighting.

"West Side Story", in all its Leonard Bernstein-Stephen Sondheim glory, will play August 3, 4, 5 and 6 at the Ocean First Theatre at the Stafford Township Arts Center.

No comments: