Friday, May 20, 2005

Who Wants To Win An Emmy?


Sure, she's already got a shelf full of them for hosting "The View", but Meredith Vieira has definitely arrived with her Emmy win tonight for hosting the daytime version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

Oh, there was plenty of hue and cry when she was picked, but she was right for the role from the start, and with 585 episodes already in the can, she's going back for at least a few seasons more. Of course, someday ol' Dave will be sitting across from Meredith getting questions (and a kiss at the end - who doesn't get a kiss from Meredith upon leaving the show?)

The picture, by the way, is not a trick photo - it is from when Meredith actually played a celebrity episode of the ABC version of the show.

1 comment:

Dave Mackey said...

No, I didn't get a kiss from Meredith. The end of my time on the show coincided with a commercial break, so I stayed in my chair until we went to black. I don't recall if I got a kiss from Meredith upon exiting, but I did get a nice note from her that more than made up for it (she writes personal notes to all the contestants after their appearance).