Saturday, February 07, 2009

A Trip To The City

Tracy and I spent a wonderful evening in New York, where I got to use my birthday present from her: a ticket to see the musical "Jersey Boys", about the formation and stardom of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. The music was great. Jarrod Spector played Frankie and did a great job replicating his voice.

I don't talk too much about trains or buses on my blogs any more, but Tracy was very thrilled to ride on NJ Transit's new bi-level rail cars. I don't think she was too impressed with the run-of-the-mill MCI D4500 buses we rode into the city last time. But she enjoyed the way the new cars rode. Frankly I'm glad those old Bombardier cars that smacked of the 1970's are gone.

PATH equipment - desperately in need of an upgrade! When were those cars made, anyway? The 60's?

No comments: